Holidays always present excellent marketing opportunities and Halloween is certainly no exception. There are so many different ways that a business can incorporate Halloween into their marketing strategy and generate leads by getting into the holiday spirit. People love to see the fun side to your business and its employees and Halloween is the perfect time to showcase that. Here are some ideas for your business to get into the spirit of Halloween.
Join in the Community Fun
One of the great things about Halloween is that there is never a shortage of fun community events. And community events are always a good opportunity to market your business. So, scope out the local Halloween events and decide ahead of time which events work best for you, and show up in full Halloween spirit.
· This is a great opportunity to put your logo to good use. Halloween is all about candy, so you can either hit up a custom candy company or just attach a sticker or tag with your logo on it to your Halloween candy and hand that out at all of the community events.
Create a Halloween Infographic
Infographics continue to prove themselves to be highly successful on social media. The easier you make it for people to read something on social media, the better (and more likely that they will actually read it). So, why not create an infographic with some fun (and shareable) Halloween facts.
· What is considered shareable? Well, did you know that in 2012 people spent $370 million on animal costumes?
· There are plenty more shareable facts and statistics where that came from, but you can get as creative as you wish with your infographic.
Let Your Audience Choose Your Costume
Being active on social media is good marketing alone, but Halloween presents so many fun ways to interact with your audience. Having trouble deciding on the perfect Halloween costume idea for this year? Turn to social media and let your audience decide! If you have a few different ideas in mind, announce on social media at the beginning of the week that you will be posting pictures of different costumes on various days, allowing your followers to vote for their favorite at the end of the week.
· This will keep your followers in tune to your social media platforms throughout the course of the week, so be sure to take advantage by pushing out some quality content in addition to your Halloween marketing efforts.
Lure the Customers in with Halloween Incentives
Depending on what type of business that you run, there are plenty of ways to lure your customers/clients in while keeping with the Halloween spirit. A little incentive can go a long way.
· A free pumpkin spiced latte with the purchase of a meal? Ok, you’re right, let’s not get crazy. You would have to alert traffic control for that offer. But you get the picture, right?
· Offer a free consultation to anyone who visits your office in their full Halloween costume. That will make for an interesting day at the office for sure.
· What’s the most popular Halloween event in your area that isn’t exactly free to the public? Announce that you are giving away tickets to customers who come in and show the most Halloween spirit.
Social Media Campaigns
Bring on the photo contests! This is a great way to get your audience involved and have some fun with your social media platforms. There are so many different ways that you can go with a social media campaign during Halloween.
· Choose a theme for your photo contest (Best Dressed Pet, Pumpkin Carving Contest, Best Duo Costume Contest, etc.), explain the rules and let your audience do the rest!
· Of course, you’ll need to come up with a good winning prize that will ignite your audience’s competitive streak.
Are you looking to shake things up with your marketing strategy? Reach out to us at The Storyteller Agency. Call us at 850.267.0931 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can update you on the latest trends of the marketing world and help your business incorporate some new ideas into your marketing plan.