When it comes to content marketing, it is important to think about our reasons for creating content. What is the ultimate goal of creating and sharing content with your audience? Generating leads – that is the ultimate goal. But how do you achieve that? Well, the content rules vary for each marketing platform. Whether it is for social media, a blog or your business’s website, it is important to cater content towards each individual platform in order to generate quality leads. Let’s talk about how to create quality content for all of your business’s marketing needs.
Is Your Social Media Content Shareable?
One of the ultimate goals of social media content is providing your audience with content that readers will feel compelled to share. How do you do that? Well, for starters you have to think about what compels a person to share something on social media? There is a science behind determining what constitutes shareable content, so what’s the verdict? Here are some characteristics of shareable content.
· Content that is valuable and entertaining to others
· Content that grows and nourishes relationships
· Content that evokes emotion from its audience
· Content that spreads awareness for causes and brands that people care about
· Content that helps us to define ourselves to others
So, what should you take away from this information?
· It is important to create content that goes beyond promoting your product or brand. Focus on providing your audience with content that is valuable to them and that will establish a level of trust within your audience.
· Incorporate storytelling into your strategy. Telling or sharing stories that your audience can relate to is a great way to earn their trust and tap into their emotions.
· Know your audience. It is impossible to develop a content strategy for social media without first knowing who you are catering to.
Creating Content for Your Website
Your website has only seconds to capture interest and your goal is to delight your target audience and to seduce Google at the same time. If the content of your website is designed properly for your target audience, Google will reward you with relevant and profitable traffic, which will help to achieve our ultimate goal – generating leads. Let’s talk about some key elements of creating quality content for your website.
Keep it fresh.
Outdated website content is your business’s worst nightmare. It is extremely important to provide your audience with content that is fresh – this goes for everything from your blog to your event calendar. If a potential customer or client lands on your website and discovers information that is outdated, in an instant your business will lose credibility.
Keep it unique and original.
Google has a thing for original content and so should your business. Creating unique and original content for your website is the key ingredient to increased website traffic and lead generation. If you are a small business and don’t have the writing skills on deck to create content that will grab the attention of your audience, outsourcing is always an option. Take advantage of marketing agencies or writers in your area that can help you to provide your target audience and Google with original content that will grab their attention.
Keep it relevant.
Another part of knowing your audience is being able to answer the question, “What information is my audience looking for when they visit my website?” You have to be able to provide your audience with the information that they need and do it in a way that will capture their attention and keep them on your website long enough to find it. They key ingredient? Quality content.
Don’t Forget About Your Blog
If you do it right, blogging for your business can have magical powers. There is something powerful about having the freedom to share any information that you want with your target audience. But just like all other marketing strategies, there is a science behind doing it the right way. Here are some key elements to creating quality content for your blog.
· Answer the questions of your target audience
· Incorporate storytelling into your strategy and tell your brand’s story in a unique way
· Take your audience behind-the-scenes of your business
· Show the human side of your business by spotlighting the faces behind your brand
Consistency is just as important as creativity when it comes to your business blog. Keep your blog content interesting and up to date.
Are you looking to improve your business's content marketing strategy? We specialize in creative written and visual content here at The Storyteller Agency - contact us today for help with all of your business's marketing needs.