In case you didn’t already know, video is to digital marketing what whipped cream is to a chocolate sundae – the perfect enhancement that changes the whole package, and once it was discovered, you wondered how you ever managed without it. Video is the perfect way to enhance your existing marketing strategies as well as expand your audience and connect on another level. How do we know? Well, the statistics speak for themselves. While I am certain that there are statistics out there to prove that there is no such thing as a good chocolate sundae without whipped cream – we are going to focus on wowing you with some video marketing statistics that will turn your head towards developing your own strategy.
1.8 Million Words = One Minute of Video
1. According to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrestor, 1.8 Million words equal the value of one minute of video. I know, right? Mind blown. I don’t know about you, but 1.8 Million words sounds very time consuming. Whether you run a small business or a large company, it is important to give your audience quality content that caters to a short attention span. In other words, you have to quickly engage your audience and find a way to keep their attention, which is why this statistic is so important – watching a video can be much more engaging to your audience than simply reading text.
The Future of Video Streaming is Bright
2. While we are on the topic of mind-blowing statistics, Cisco predicts that streaming video will make up 79% of all Internet traffic by the year 2018. I know what you are thinking – ‘A lot of things can change between now and then.’ Maybe so, but the statistics show video marketing to be moving in the exact direction that Cisco predicts for video streaming. The power of those statistics combined can be explosive for your business’s marketing strategy and overall success – you will find out just how much can change ‘between now and then.’
Effective Video Marketing Isn’t Just Found Online
3. In 2010, Implix performed an email marketing survey, finding that including a video in an email campaign increased the click-through rate by 96%. That, my friends, is a large percentage. That gives you nearly twice as many people being redirected to your website than there would be without the use of a video. Sign me up - or rather, sign your readers up!
Take It from the Experts
4. 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read plain text, according to Forbes, and 65% of executives visited the vendor’s website after watching a video. So, in other words, give the people what they want and get what you need in return - an engaged audience!
T Minus 10 Seconds to Engage
5. According to research done by Visible Measures, 20% of viewers will click away from your video in less than 10 seconds – that is, unless you grab their attention and give them a reason not to. With video marketing, it is imperative to grab your viewer’s attention almost immediately if you want to create a successful video campaign – which brings us to our next statistic –
6. 59% of viewers will watch a video in its entirety if it lasts less than one minute, according to Wistia. I think that the most important thing to take away from this statistic is that it is absolutely possible to create engaging content in under a minute and be successful. Keep it short, sweet and to the point.
Is Your Video Share-Worthy?
7. Effective video content is more likely to be shared. When your viewers share your video content either across social media channels or through email, your audience widens and you gain exposure. So, make your videos share-worthy, but don't make them too long.
How Are These Statistics Measured?
It wouldn’t make sense to talk about video marketing statistics without talking about how these statistics are measured. The effectiveness of video marketing strategies can be measured in ways that no other marketing strategies can. Detailed video analytics will tell you everything from who is watching your video, to how long they stay engaged, and at what point exactly that they click away from your video. Video analytics are your golden ticket to the inside information that you don’t have access to with other marketing strategies.
So, why do we want you to know more about video marketing? We think that videos are a key component to telling great stories, and we want to help you tell those stories. Reach out to us at The Storyteller Agency. Call us at 850.267.0931 or send us an email to email@example.com. Find out how a great video marketing strategy can help your business. Ready to stop marketing and start storytelling?